Your skin is a big deal! It’s the largest organ of your body, made up of millions of cells. Every day your skin needs to shed thousands of cells to usher in fresh, new skin. The problem is, it can be stubborn due to many factors like environment, stress, and oily buildup, so the shedding doesn’t occur frequently enough. In comes Chemical Peels to the rescue.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel, also known as chemexfoliation, is the controlled removal of the uppermost layers of skin by exfoliation. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to your skin, which causes trauma or injury to your skin’s layers. The skin layers eventually peel off revealing more youthful skin. They are extremely controlled treatments that are performed in our Fenton, MI Med Spa in a safe and effective way administered by our licensed professionals.
A chemical peel could be the nonsurgical & non-invasive medical aesthetic transformation you need
Whether you have minor or major imperfections anyone can experience the remarkably radiant, damage-reversing results of a chemical peel. They are well researched and have proven benefits for all types of skin including:
• Acne breakout prevention and lightening of acne scarring
• Minimizing the appearance of pores
• Lightening of unwanted pigmentation issues such as sun damage and age spots
• Softening of fine lines and wrinkles
• Improvement of persistent skin redness
• Immediate boost to skin’s clarity, radiance, brightness, tone, and texture
• Improve cell turnover rates
• Enhance the penetration of skincare products
We offer several different peels which range in level of intensity. When administered by our professionals, even those with the most sensitive skin can experience brighter, younger looking skin. Some treatment options we offer are:
Glycolic Peel (30%) |
This peel is gentle, yet still effective, and best results are seen if the peel is done once a month, for 4-6 months. Designed to loosen the bonds that hold dead skin cells in place Glycolic peels are a wonderful way to rejuvenate your skin and keep it looking its freshest! They help reduce fine lines, hyperpigmentation, dullness, and acne. There is virtually no down time with this peel and will only take about 30-45 minutes to apply. It is a nice and refreshing way to help give your skin a nice beauty boost and pick-me-up.
Perfect 10 |
Our Perfect 10 Peel is a medium depth peel that removes multiple layers of skin to reveal a softer, smoother, younger-looking appearance. These medical-grade aesthetic treatments are formulated to deliver the desired results for the motivated patient that wants a peel as it provides visible, apparent skin peeling. There are two steps to the Perfect 10 Peel. The first step in the peel is a blend of acids, including glycolic, salicylic, lactic and other acids, that are designed to maximize exfoliation and gentle peeling. The second active step features an All-Trans-Retinol Complex, which is designed to enhance and augment the effects of this uniquely powerful peel treatment. The Perfect 10 Peel is available in 3 different strengths including:
- Universal- can be used on absolutely all skin tones including sensitive, normal, and tolerant.
- Intermediate- ideal for patients who are new to this skincare solution but have undergone salicylic or glycolic peels in the past. It’s a safe and effective option for sensitive, normal, and tolerant skin types.
- Advanced- is recommended for individuals that have tolerant skin.
After initial application, your skin will feel tighter, and then by day 2 or 3, you will begin the peeling process. Clients like to take a couple days of down time, between days 3-5 after the peel has been applied and the skin will be peeling the most. Once your skin has finished the peeling process, you are left with the fresher, clearer results, and simply gorgeous skin!
Skinbetter® AlphaRet® Professional Peel |
The AlphaRet Professional Peel is a 3-step peel system consisting of a blend of Lactic, Glycolic and Salicylic Acids that re-texturizes the skin to enhance the action of patented AlphaRet Technology for optimal results. This peel is available in 2 different strength levels:
- AlphaRet Peel Solution 30- This lower strength peel is the recommended introductory AlphaRet Peel, helping to strengthen, protect and remodel the skin’s texture. It is beneficial for treating mild photodamage, early signs of ageing and blemishes.
- AlphaRet Peel Solution 50- This higher strength AlphaRet peel includes increased AHA’s, ideal for thickened skin. It is designed to treat moderate sun damage fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, scarring, blemishes and uneven skin tone.
What is the best chemical peel we offer? Since there is no one size fits all solution, the best peel for you will depend on the skin condition you are trying to correct, the depth of the damage, and your tolerability. During a consultation at our office, we can create a customized recommendation of a specific peel and frequency that can help achieve your skin care goals! We are proud to serve clients in the city of Fenton in Genesee County, Michigan and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Book online now.